Foundation is Rotary’s own humanitarian and educational charity. It is our means to fund our major programmes throughout the world including our end Polio Now Campaign and is focussed on the following 7 areas:
- Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution
- Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Water Sanitation
- Maternal and Child Healthcare
- Basic Education and Literacy
- Economic and Community Literacy
The Foundation Committee’s aims during the coming years are as follows:
- To educate Club members about The Rotary Foundation, its mission, aims, funding and programmes
- To endeavour to engage speakers from Vocational Training Teams and other Foundation projects whenever possible.
- To continue to keep the Club up to date on the continuing battle against Polio and encourage the Club to donate to the fund as in previous years.
- To raise awareness within the Club and the public of Rotary International’s Polio Eradication campaign and to encourage donations to be made by both individual Club members and the Club and to raise funds for the Polio Eradication campaign through the annual Christmas e-cards scheme.
- To work with other Club committees in connection with any proposals they have for seeking Global or District Grants.
- To encourage attendance at District Foundation Seminars, feeding back relevant information to the Club.
- To encourage the Club to continue to maintain (and hopefully increase) financial contributions to Foundation.
- To look for the opportunity for find-raising activities for Foundation including those done on a Group basis with other local Clubs.
- To support environmentally focussed projects.